A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
A fast paced, Quake inspired, local multi-player, little planet deathmatch infinite arena shooter.
Hone your skills, then compete against your friends to see who can dominate the playing field.
Supports up to 4 player split-screen, bring an Xbox controller.
A student game created at the University of Southampton by Matthew Consterdine and Ollie Steptoe.
Featuring a number of classic weapons:
- Shotgun: The short to medium range wild card, capable of one shotting your target, or missing entirely.
- Launcher: Fires explosive rockets, knocking back all the enemies in your way. Just be careful not to get caught in the blast.
- Pistol: Are your opponents not on fire? Well, that's where the pistol comes in, it fires incendiary rounds igniting targets for 1 second.
- Axe: A visceral weapon that can end your opponent in a couple of hits.
Well, what are you waiting for? Play today!
|Published||156 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||160 days ago|
|Tags||arena, deathmatch, First-Person, Ludum Dare 38, planet, quake, Shooter|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
|Player count||1 - 4|
|Links||Homepage, Support, Twitter|
Download, extract, and play!
- Occasionally in when playing with 3 and 4 players, the triggers (Jump and fire) with stop working on some, but not all of the controllers.
- Not a problem with 2 players
- To workaround, simply restart your OS, start the game, then plug in each controller individually.
If you encounter these, or any other issues please post on our issue tracker:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
hello matt, the game says you can use it with mac but when you play with 2 players only one screen is playable. Everything else about the game is great!
So the two players screens both show up, but you can't control player 2 with a controller? 2/3/4 players requires a plugged in controller and it's recommended that you use an xbox 360/one controller.
Does the controller work in other games, because if not you need to install a driver: http://www.cultofmac.com/198535/use-your-xbox-360-...
If the controller does work with other games can you try unplugging it, restarting your Mac, starting Planet Deathmatch, and then plugging it back in.
does it work with dualshock?
It's untested but if it's a dualshock 3 then it should work with BetterDS3: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/ as it can bind it to virtually any input device including Xinput and mouse/keyboard. If it's a dualshock 4 then it should work with DS4Windows: http://ds4windows.com/ as it emulates an xbox360 controller.
If you have tried it, I would love to know how well it works as I don't have either controller available to test it on. However, assuming it works, any controller button prompts may be incorrect.
no bots? please make bots it will be amazing gameplay